Are you a talented PostDoc with excellent ideas? Are you interested in stream and/or community ecology? Would you like to work in Hungary? If you have three “yes” to these questions then this position is for you! We are a small group of community ecologists studying mostly, but not exclusively stream macroinvertebrate communities. Our group is interested in the different aspects of community ecology and diversity research (including also the topics of trait-based community analyses and measurement of functional diversity), and searching for a talented PostDoc, who has ideas and is motivated to work hard on publishing high quality papers with us.
Criteria for the applicants:
- Work experience outside Hungary for at least two years as a researcher (0.5 contract
or more) or doctoral studies during the last three years.
- Stay and work in the MTA Centre for Ecological Research, GINOP Sustainable
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience with R
Starting Job: 1st September 2019 (optionally later)
Contract duration: minimum 3 months, maximum 12 months (latest possible end of
employment is 31th August 2020)
Jobs Hours: Full time
Salary: up to 600 000 HUF/months (depending on the applicant’s experience)
Application deadline: 15th July 2019
Please send the following documents (all in one PDF file) by e-mail to the Supervisor:
- For EU candidates: Copy of your national ID card or of your passport page where your
photo is printed.
For non-EU candidates: Copy of your passport page where your photo is printed.
- Curriculum Vitae (may include hyperlinks to your ResearchID, Research Gate, Google
- Detailed list of publications (may include hyperlinks to DOI of publications).
- Letter of motivation relatively to the position (Cover Letter) in which applicants (i)
describe themselves and the planned duration of the contract (ii) their contributions to previous
research projects, (iii) as well as their research plan for their stay in Hungary (maximum 3 pages)
- Copy of your PhD degree if already available.
- Coordinates of reference persons (maximum 3, at least your PhD supervisor):
Title, Name, organization, e-mail.
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact the supervisors